An article by Anya Willis - 2021/03
Resources to Help Your Family Stay Active During the Pandemic
After spending almost a year inside because of the COVID-19 pandemic, your kids are bound to be feeling a bit antsy, especially if restrictions lifted and then returned.
One great way to boost everyone’s mood and pass the time: Get everybody off the couch for a family workout session! These resources listed down below are packed with fitness tips and exercise suggestions to help your family get moving.
Find New Ways to Stay Active Indoors
When you have to self-isolate and are faced with inclement weather, it can be hard to motivate everyone to get moving. Check out these resources to inspire physical activity.
- Create an Indoor Obstacle Course
- Check Out Online Fitness Programs for the Whole Family
- The 7 Best Online Dance Classes for Kids of 2021
- Easy Exercises Seniors Can Do Indoors
- How to Add a Home Gym for the Family
And Remember to Spend Time Outside
When the weather cooperates, look for any opportunity to get outside and move together. All that fresh air and sunshine will do wonders for the whole family.
- Ways to Take Your Yoga Practice Outdoors
- 14 Easy Ways to Make Your Backyard More Fun
- How to Hike with Kids? 9 Tricks from an Outdoor Mom
- Tips on How to Get Your Whole Family Running
- 35 Fun Outdoor Games for Kids of All Ages
Surely, your kids have been frustrated by the restrictions put in place, which is why it’s important to figure out a few activities that will put smiles on their faces. Exercising and playing fun, active games will definitely help your family make the most of their time!
"For most of her childhood Anya struggled with her weight. In school, she was bullied because of it, and it wasn’t until she took a yoga class in college that things started to change. Anya now uses her knowledge and love for yoga to help kids find physical activities to keep them happy and moving."
If you'd like to share your expertise and experience with Baleaf Community, hit us now at firstname.lastname@example.org. :)